Japan 2 Years Work Visa – Labor Category

If you would like to live in Japan, it is necessary to get a visa that is most appropriate for your intended activities in Japan. There are 27 types of visa in Japan and the requirements as well as the authorized activities are different for each of them.
It is therefore necessary to first determine one type of visa that will allow you to do what you would like to pursue in Japan, and for which you can satisfy the requirements of that particular visa. It is not possible to get a visa to do the activities that are not listed in the following table. For example, you can’t get a working visa for a simple labour work such as construction worker or a waiter/waitress.

Inn most cases, it is required to have a hosting organization (company, entity, or some kind of business related organization), or inviting person (commonly known as a “visa sponsor”) to be able to get a visa in Japan, such as a school in case of a student visa or an employer in case of a working visa. There are also requirements to meet as to successfully obtain a Japanesevisa. So even if you find a Japanese employer, you will not be able to come to work in Japan if you don’t meet these requirements. These 27 Japanese visas can be divided into 3 main groups:

  • Working visa: Those which allow you to work
  • Non-working visa: Those which don’t allow you to work
  • Family related visa: Those granted according to the family status

One person can get only one type of visa at a time, so if you are eligible for more than one (engineer visa and spouse visa for example), you will need to choose one visa type among your options, we can advise on the best type of visa for you. Now, let’s examine the definition of each type of visa and its requirements that will allow you to determine the type of visa that you qualify for.

Working visa

Working visas only cover the kind of work that requires high level of professional knowledge or skills. It is therefore not possible for foreigners to engage in manual / simple labour under a working visa, unless they have the visa granted according to the family status (spouse/child of Japanese national, long term resident, etc.), a trainee visa, or are part-time workers on student or dependent visas.
For example, there are no work visas for; hair-dressing, massage therapists, waiter/waitress, salesclerk, construction workers, etc.

The most typical working visas to work in private companies are the following 5 types

Visa TypeAuthorized ActivitiesRequirements
*Engineer / Specialist in Humanities / International ServicesEngineer: Working in the fields of physical science, engineering or other natural science. Specialist in humanities: Working in legal, economic, social fields or in the human science. International services: Working in translation, interpretation, language instruction, public relations, international trade, fashion design, interior design, product development.Engineer:University degree in the corresponding field or 10 years of professional experience. Specialist in humanities: University degree or 10 years’ professional experience in the field. International services: 3 years’ professional experience in the field except for interpretation / translation or language instruction that only require a university degree.
*Intra-company TransfereeExpats of foreign companies or the subsidiary companies of Japanese firms located overseasMust have worked more than one year in the said office in overseas
*Skilled LaborForeign cooking, architecture or civil engineering characteristic to foreign countries, processing precious stones, metals or fur, training animals, piloting aircrafts, instructing sports, sommeliers3-10 years’ professional experience (number of years depending on the type of work) in the corresponding fields (including the period of training)
*Business ManagerStarting or investing into a business in Japan, or managing business on behalf of other investorsPhysical, dedicated office space in Japan and 5 million yen investment into the business for new application. 10 million yen sales and 5 million yen expenses for renewal.

Processing time : 2 months
Academic : 10th passed
Send you RESUME here :-

Service charges after VISA